"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~Marilyn Monroe

Monday, December 19, 2011

Mistaking Kindness for Weakness

There is a quote that says, “~Kindness is not to be mistaken for weakness... nor forgiveness as acceptance.. it is the knowledge that hate and resentment are not the pathway to inner peace~”. What that says to me is – you can still be kind to others that you don’t agree with or may not be kind to you and still be strong. Being kind to others does not stamp your approval on them or their wrong doing. It does say that you’re strong enough to over-look weaknesses in other and be kind to them anyway.

Staying in strife with those who we don’t agree with or who have done us wrong robs us!  It wastes our time and energy hanging on to negative feelings. Many times we try to “fix” the problem…maybe with the best of intentions. But I have discovered my energy is much better spent fixing my own problems, and let others do the same. I have to remind myself on a regular basis that I cannot control the actions of others, BUT I can control how I react to them.

Sometimes we don’t plan to get involved, but for whatever reason we find ourselves smack-dab (as we say in KY) in the middle of a situation that we don’t need to be involved. I found myself in this type situation with YouTube. I came to YouTube very naive - not having a clue what it was all about. First thing I knew I was involved in all kinds of weird situations….struggling to make sense of it all and attempting to make it better for myself and others. I failed to understand that most of what goes on with YouTube has little to do with reality. Once I came to that conclusion, I realized that I can’t get involved in all the staged drama that surrounds the YouTube beauty community.

With this new found knowledge I can sit back enjoy the show, do my own thing, stay out of the drama, and enjoy making videos without feeling that I need to defend myself or others. I felt it was important that I do some damage repair and get some ill feelings with others resolved. Does that make me weak to be kind to others that I once had differences with? No, not in the least! It just means I have more control over my emotions. It means I’ve decided to not try to fix problems that others created to stir up drama. It means that I have dismissed the negative thinking, and refuse to be in conflict with others whether I agree with them or not.
I guess what I’m trying to say, is just be careful before you start fighting battles for yourself and especially others. Weigh it out and make sure you know all the facts. If you feel that it’s worth the fight then make the call. But it most cases, you are better off the stay in peace and not get involved. In time, things will work themselves out and right will win out. Save yourself the time and energy of trying to control the actions of others and learn to control have you react. You’ll be a better person for it. You can be kind to others and still not be weak. Never feel weak for showing kindness to some who may not deserve it. It takes great strength to show undeserved kindness. 

I started writing this blog a few days ago and didn't have time to get back to it until today. I just saw on Facebook the news about Sam and Jay. This is just another example of the damage that can be done by bullies. I don't understand why others feel it their duty to dig into other people's business and make themselves a judge over other people. 

I will end this blog, but plan to write more on this subject in the next few days. I feel that it is an important one and people tend to shy away for it, when in reality more people need to stand against it!

Thanks so checking out my blog and all your support on here and YouTube.

Happy Holidays!


~twyla

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're saying. I am the same way....IN REAL LIFE. However, when it comes to YT I handle it with silence. I don't watch certain people. I quietly unsubscribe & never look back. These people aren't in my life...therefore I don't have to be around them. There are no uncomfortable face to face situations. I unsub, never watch again or comment. They're not worth my time,click or energy. Good luck T....love you.xoxo

    ReplyDelete